Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Domes

1. Back To Top    #1

I have a 12 year old Johnny Weismueller 24' pool, it is fine shape, but as the kids have become more adult like it is often too cold in my Wisconsin climate, plus the trees have matured and cleaning it is now a daily hour long chore. I am thinking of putting a dome on it, but since that is a $1,200 plus investment, I'd like some experienced opinions on how well that has worked out for Midwestern pool owners. My primary concerns are: will it be echoy inside there? Does it make the pool warmer or will I still want to get a heater? How big of a hassle will it be to remove and install and how much space does storing the thing take?
    15k INTEX AG 24x52in.
    Cartirge fillter(type b)w/salt pump
    S.E Georgia

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Domes

24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Domes

A dome will help the pool stay warm, but you will almost certainly need some heat get it warm in the first place.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School