Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robot Cleaners Advice, parts, service etc

1. Back To Top    #1
    SW Louisiana

Robot Cleaners Advice, parts, service etc

After years of using suction side cleaners with mixed results (my latest somewhat pricey model gets caught on the steps) I am considering the purchase of a robotic cleaner. I keep seeing horror stories about repair problems, lack of replacement parts, requirement to send off to expensive repair centers for simple repairs, etc. So I wanted to ask, which brand is the most do it yourself repair friendly, and which model would work best in my application with an indoor pool where most of the cleaning needs are for dirt and small debris (bugs, etc).

thanks Ike

p.s. do you have any thoughts on the cheaper robots like the Orion / Orion II, etc
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Robot Cleaners Advice, parts, service etc

Aquabot No 1 1996 to 2008, Could have been repaired when drive motor died.
    Aquabot No 2 2008 to present - No problems
    Only needed to replace belts and scrubbers over they years.
    Pool: 30,000 gal concrete with 600 gal Spa, 1.5 HP Pump (2.0 max), Citadel III 400,000 BTU gas heater, Apollo 52 SF DE Filter. (All equipment OEM Anthony Pools circa 1980 from Pentair), Aquabot.
    Pond: 2500 gal, 3/4 HP Hayward Max Flow, Hayward Star Clear 750 Prefilter, Emperor Aquatics BioPro Filter, Tetra UV Light.

3. Back To Top    #3

Central Massachusetts

Re: Robot Cleaners Advice, parts, service etc

I have an Aquabot Turbo I like.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.