is it possible to monitor and adjust pool levels remotely?

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
acid dispensors and the salt systems can be run remotely..from a pc...right? they have all sorts of remote systems for pools now. never got into it but is it possible to control and records levels remotely and also turn on and off equipment. this would mean no more driving to pools. this would allow a pool company to monitor and adjust everything from a pc.

is this sci fi or can this be done now??

Re: is it possible to monitor and adjust pool levels remotel

There are systems for commercial facilities but for residential pools, when Pentair finally releases IntelliChem, connecting it to an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch will allow remote monitoring and dispensing of either acid, liquid, both, or an IntelliChlor and Acid. As I understand it, it's in the final phases of testing.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
There are systems for commercial facilities but for residential pools, when Pentair finally releases IntelliChem, connecting it to an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch will allow remote monitoring and dispensing of either acid, liquid, both, or an IntelliChlor and Acid. As I understand it, it's in the final phases of testing.

Scott

Thanks Scott. what about cutting on/off of pool equipment?

also doesnt Goldline have some auto remote control stuff also? is this software pc driven or mac?

had a few clients ask if we could turn on their spa as they were coming in on the boat and would like it up and running on their return. got me thinking about fully remote control of the whole pool system. why waste gas...prices are going up at the pump..

Switching power and measuring PH or salt are both fairly easy to setup. Measuring FC is possible in some situations. This kind of equipment is quite expensive, but available. But everything else is SciFi for now. No measuring TA, CH, CYA, or Borate remotely.

JasonLion said:
Switching power and measuring PH or salt are both fairly easy to setup. Measuring FC is possible in some situations. This kind of equipment is quite expensive, but available. But everything else is SciFi for now. No measuring TA, CH, CYA, or Borate remotely.

I can't wait for the future..lower monthly rates but higher number of accounts..and repairs division huge income! I've done 100 pools per week but imagine one persons controling 1,000 pools! sci fi maybe now but in the future I'm sure its a possibility..

wouldnt it be great to have a system that monitors and controls all 8 levels needed for CSI calculations...could be integrated with the pool calculator and could work with pc or mac..just saying...am I dreaming? this would allow one person to control and monitor at least 1,000 pools and the repair division would be the most manned and most income producing..sorry thinking from a biz point here. dollars on my mind ..lol but monthly service rate would be lower for the customer..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.