Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: is it possible to monitor and adjust pool levels remotely?

1. Back To Top    #1

is it possible to monitor and adjust pool levels remotely?

acid dispensors and the salt systems can be run remotely..from a pc...right? they have all sorts of remote systems for pools now. never got into it but is it possible to control and records levels remotely and also turn on and off equipment. this would mean no more driving to pools. this would allow a pool company to monitor and adjust everything from a pc.

is this sci fi or can this be done now??

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: is it possible to monitor and adjust pool levels remotel

There are systems for commercial facilities but for residential pools, when Pentair finally releases IntelliChem, connecting it to an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch will allow remote monitoring and dispensing of either acid, liquid, both, or an IntelliChlor and Acid. As I understand it, it's in the final phases of testing.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    There are systems for commercial facilities but for residential pools, when Pentair finally releases IntelliChem, connecting it to an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch will allow remote monitoring and dispensing of either acid, liquid, both, or an IntelliChlor and Acid. As I understand it, it's in the final phases of testing.

Scott
    Thanks Scott. what about cutting on/off of pool equipment?

also doesnt Goldline have some auto remote control stuff also? is this software pc driven or mac?

had a few clients ask if we could turn on their spa as they were coming in on the boat and would like it up and running on their return. got me thinking about fully remote control of the whole pool system. why waste gas...prices are going up at the pump..

4. Back To Top    #4

Switching power and measuring PH or salt are both fairly easy to setup. Measuring FC is possible in some situations. This kind of equipment is quite expensive, but available. But everything else is SciFi for now. No measuring TA, CH, CYA, or Borate remotely.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Switching power and measuring PH or salt are both fairly easy to setup. Measuring FC is possible in some situations. This kind of equipment is quite expensive, but available. But everything else is SciFi for now. No measuring TA, CH, CYA, or Borate remotely.
    I can't wait for the future..lower monthly rates but higher number of accounts..and repairs division huge income! I've done 100 pools per week but imagine one persons controling 1,000 pools! sci fi maybe now but in the future I'm sure its a possibility..

6. Back To Top    #6

wouldnt it be great to have a system that monitors and controls all 8 levels needed for CSI calculations...could be integrated with the pool calculator and could work with pc or mac..just saying...am I dreaming? this would allow one person to control and monitor at least 1,000 pools and the repair division would be the most manned and most income producing..sorry thinking from a biz point here. dollars on my mind ..lol but monthly service rate would be lower for the customer..

7. Back To Top    #7

I really wish the P4 panel had an ethernet control as well, at the price they are selling that thing adding ethernet wouldn't have been much more..
    19.5k gallons in ground, P4 panel with turbocell SWG, 1hp Hayward superpump II, sand filter, Heater low nox 250k btu heater, solar cover on rocky roller