Wiring in Pentair Intellibrate Controller and New Light

May 3, 2011
PSL, FL
I have a screwed up SAM light with water intrusion issues. Has been bad a while. I have a new Intellibrite 5G and the Intellibrite controller.

The switch for the light is in the Master Bedroom. It is a 2 Gang switch. The bottom switch was the on/off and the top switch when "Flashed" changed the light program. At lease that's what the orig owner told me.

I shot some PIX below. I want to move the switch from the Master BR and put it outside on the pool deck. Looking at the wiring on the switch, can you guys figure out how to do the wiring on the controller? The switch has 2 blacks, and a red, and a ground.

The Light gets it's juice from the Intermatic PX300, which is fed from the Pool/Pump Timer.

I'm a little confused how the switch actuates the light presently. I don't havemy head around where the switch wires meet up with the 120v for the light to turn it on and off. I think I have enough PIX here. If not, let me know.
P1010589.JPG

P1010590.JPG
P1010593.JPG
P1010594.JPG
P1010607.JPG
P1010608.JPG

P1010623.JPG
P1010624.JPG

That switch must turn on something else.

You will need to identify which on is the pool light leg tie it into the incoming power to the switch. It might be prudent to replace the switch with a single switch if you no longer want the pool light to be controlled from there.

From there you will need to wire the intellitouch controller into the input of the transformer 110V of the transformer.

racket said:
That switch must turn on something else.

You will need to identify which on is the pool light leg tie it into the incoming power to the switch. It might be prudent to replace the switch with a single switch if you no longer want the pool light to be controlled from there.

From there you will need to wire the intellitouch controller into the input of the transformer 110V of the transformer.

That's what I thought as well. I was wondering if the waterfall was supposed to be lit. So I called the prev. owner and she told me it worked as above.

Brentr said:
Not sure if this will help you but look at my thread. pentair-intellibrite-light-controller-t22422.html

Hi Brent,
I read a lot of your threads, all great! That thread was a little helpful. I should have everything I need in this switch, since it works the light that is in there(SAM light). Just having some problems working it out. There is a black on that switch that goes somewhere and a red that goes somewhere else? That is a dual switch and one switch sends hot down a black wire to the light, and one sends hot down a red wire to "somewhere". There is no other switch like this in the house as far as the manufacturer of the switch. So it was wired up a year after the house was built when the pool was added.

Maybe an attic crawl is in order.

Inspecting the Junction box a little better, I found the white wire is passed thru. The 2 switches just switch a common hot line out. It's kinda handy because the hot line to the light is RED, so that matches up to the Pentair Controller! Ijust need to ID what the second switch does. I'm trying to get in touch with the prev. owners's Husband to find out if he knows what the second switch does. This is the only switch in the house I haven't ID'd what it does.

These two switches are on the same circuit, so that's interesting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.