Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorinators

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorinators

Does anyone have any advice on pool chlorinators. My little floating deal with chlorine tabs just does not do the trick. I was thinking about an offline chlorinator by Hayward.
    Due to my setup, I can't use an inline. I just don't want to invest in something that others have found to not work well.
    16 x 38 inground pool, 20K gal, vinyl liner, 0.75 HP Hayward Superpump (SF 1.0, 115 V), Hayward Pro Serier Top Mount 24" sand filter (300lbs sand) with 62GPM design flow fate and 3.1 sq ft effective filtration area, Kreepy Krawly cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorinators

I find that I am the best CHLORINATOR. Nothing better than going out to the pool, testing it, and adding the correct chemicals in the correct amount. Having said that, do you want automation? Are you not able to add chlorine manually every day or at least on a regular basis?

The LIQUIDATOR seems to be a good product, if not a bit quirky at times. What about a dosing pump? BAMA RAMBLER seems to be the newest convert to a dosing pump.

I'll stick with the manual dosing, myself...for what it is worth.
    22,000 gallons "L" shaped with spillway spa; Hayward 4820 DE; IG Vinyl; 2000 ppm salt; 50 ppm Borates; liquid chlorine; Polaris w/ booster; TF-100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

I did a lot of adding liquid chlorine last year. I would like automation. I would like to leave for a few days and not have to worry. I would like to have the pool covered for a few days when we are not using it and then not have to go out and check it.
    16 x 38 inground pool, 20K gal, vinyl liner, 0.75 HP Hayward Superpump (SF 1.0, 115 V), Hayward Pro Serier Top Mount 24" sand filter (300lbs sand) with 62GPM design flow fate and 3.1 sq ft effective filtration area, Kreepy Krawly cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

A SWG would be a better choice, though it does cost more up front.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

How often do you have to run the pool with something like the liquidator to make sure enough chlorine gets into the pool. Do pumps have to be run all day?

6. Back To Top    #6

The Liquidator is usually fine with 4 to 6 hours (or more) of pump run time, though it does vary quite a bit higher and lower depending on several details of your setup.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School