Problem with Sta Rite Max E therm heater.

May 26, 2007
Hi All,
My six year old Max E therm still works great but the "temperature up" button doesn't work. All the other buttons work fine and the heater also works well. They sell a replacement membrane which is $75 or the entire control board kit for $250. Not sure which way to go and would hate to start swapping parts for nothing. Any ideas? My gut says to buy the kit that way I'm not messing around with wafer thin membranes but wanted some thoughts first.
Thanks,
Joe

Cruz, I hope all else is well!

Before you go spending $ on that - try to blow some compressed air into the pad (spiders tend to build their nests in the gap there). Of course you'll have to remove the mother board to get there and just use a can of compressed air (like the ones my wife uses to clean out our keyboards).

cruzmisl said:
Waste, sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a go and see what hgappens. I'll let you know.
Joe

If you are brave you can find the common pin, then the temperature up pin on the membrane, and jump it with a wire to test it.

There should be 6 pins on the ribbon cable 1 common, pool, spa, off, up, and down.

There is no risk shorting the ribbon pins unless you short them to something else on the board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.