Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: skimmer sock

1. Back To Top    #1

skimmer sock

I was wondering what exactly is a skimmer sock... Where do you buy one? Thanks in advance..

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana
    It's a very fine elastic mesh that covers the skimmer basket to catch very small debris before it goes to the filter. A pool store is about your only option. Some people use knee-high stockings, but I don't think the mesh is quite as small.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina
    Can't imagine what our pool would look like without the skimmer screens/socks! Our ps sells them for about $10 for 3-pk. WalMart close in price....when they have them. Having only one usable skimmer, 3 socks will last all season.

If you can't find them, perhaps this will help: AquaChem has a site with a "Where To Buy" button here: ... mmers.html

Hope this helps.

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Mesa, AZ
    I use the knee highs and they work great, plus they're only 40 cents a pair. I get them at Walgreens. Since they're so cheap I change them every three or four days (on average) and just throw the used one away. They filter out a ton of stuff the skimmer won't catch. Use the whites ones, because the colored ones tend to bleed their color into the water.
    IG, Shotcrete, PebbleTech, 30 1/2 x 13, 13000 approx. gals, 1 1/2 HP Jandy pump, 2 1/2 plumbing, cartridge filter, SWG, ozone system, PV3 in-floor pop-up cleaning, Mesa, AZ