Heat pump showing higher temperature than actual

Prav

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 23, 2010
Miami, FL
So I finally got a replacement HP for the HP that made my filter blow up. Worked out great for the first two weeks: I'd keep it off all day, fire it up for 30 mins or so when I got home to get the spa from 88-89 degrees to 98-100. The temperature display was consistent with the $5 thermometer I had in the water.

Today, I get home expecting the same routine, and the HP's display showed the temperature to be 96. I found that very odd ($5 thermometer showed it to be 86-88). I set the temp, and it shut off once the spa hit "98" (which was really closer to 90). It's almost like it was registering 10 degrees higher than reality.

I've tried the "turn it off, turn it back on" routine that IT would normally do with a computer, but still the same. Am I back to calling Aquapro (manufacturer) and having them come out for a defective sensor? Could something else be causing this and it's an easy check for me? As always, thoughts are appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.