I have a salt pool that had a chlorine generator. However, the site is currently under construction here in AZ where temps. will hit almost 100 degrees by the end of this week. Due to construction, I do NOT have power to run the normal pump or the chlorine generator.
I have a Dolphin 2 in the pool and run it at least 3 hrs. and sometimes 6 hrs. per day to attempt keeping this pool. It does a nice job removing construction "dust" and circulating the water (runs on a small generator for now, since I don't have power). I wash out the bag daily and it's always full of mud.
Here is my issue....the pool store says my chem. levels are so far off that they don't want to help me figure out where to start.
Salt 3900 ppm <---suggested partial water drain, but I am NOT using the chlorine generator. Ok to leave alone?
TA 65 ppm <----pool store suggesting adding 17.5 # of soda ash.....necessary?
Base Demand (anyone know what this is?) 20
They refused to test for CYA claiming the pool is so far off that this is not important. I think they are wrong here, but I'm not sure.
Please note that my chlorine level was super high last week (had 3 floaters full of tabs thinking I need high FAC to prevent issues with limited water circulation - - the pool store advised removing all floaters and now FAC has dropped to 5).
This is a 30,000 gallon pool with a hard vinyl surface (it's NOT plaster).
Water looks good with the exception that it looks fairly milky.
Where should I attempt to start with this to get it ready for a summer with limited circulation? My brother was successful keeping a pool this exact same way through a summer without power, so I know it's possible. He was lucky enough to have done a full drain and refill right before he started the construction. Not sure the city will let me drain water, but if it's my only hope I'll have to figure it out.
The pool store said I can't drain more than 1 foot at a time or is could damage a vinyl pool. This is a really hard plastic looking textured liner. I thought it was plaster when I bought the house.
Thanks for your advice!!