Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Keeping a log of all my test results

1. Back To Top    #1

Keeping a log of all my test results

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but here goes ...
    No that wasn't the best place. Split to a new topic. JasonLion

I got a little carried away after getting my Taylor K-2006 test kit, and I wanted to keep a log of all my test results. I searched the internet and didn't find anything that I liked, so I made my own.

If you all would be so kind - I'd love to get your comments on this. PM me if you would like the PDF version - or is there a downloads section here on TFP to post this for anyone who wants it? Thanks to everyone!

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,125 gal. (2,690.6 c.f.) In-Ground / Concrete (Gunite) / Pentair Tagelus TA-60-60D Sand Filter / Pentair Whisper Flo Pump Model WF-24 @ 1HP / Hayward Veri-Flo Valve Model 710 / Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit / Pool School student

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Keeping a log of all my test results

Very nice. Do you print and cut it out on cardstock? Does it then fit inside your test kid?
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Love it!... Made a similar one but not quite as nice as yours! I would like a pdf file...will pm. Thanks!
    Cheers!
    ~Julie

30K gunite pool, Pentair VS 3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, automatic cover, Intellibrite Pentair LED light, no heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by lborne
    Very nice. Do you print and cut it out on cardstock? Does it then fit inside your test kit?
    No - it prints landscape on 8 1/2 x 11, so it doesn't fit the test kit. I use a heavy stock (28 lb) on a color laser jet printer.

I have a section in my "Pool School" 3-ring binder with the log and the instructions from the K2006 data brochure (blown up so I can friggin' read it! ). That way I can sit at the breakfast bar in the kitchen and have everything in front of me.
    20,125 gal. (2,690.6 c.f.) In-Ground / Concrete (Gunite) / Pentair Tagelus TA-60-60D Sand Filter / Pentair Whisper Flo Pump Model WF-24 @ 1HP / Hayward Veri-Flo Valve Model 710 / Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit / Pool School student

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice.....thanks for sharing!
    10,000 Gallon 12x26 EZ Panel, Vinyl Liner, 1 1/2 HP Hayward Power Flo LX Pump (70 GPM), SM2300T Hayward Sand Filter, BBB Method....nuff said!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for sharing

Only comment I have is that if ideal CYA is 30-50, I'll assume this is a non-swg pool and as such your ideal FC should be 4-6ppm. 1ppm at CYA of 30 or 3ppm FC at a CYA of 50 is too low.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    Thanks for sharing

Only comment I have is that if ideal CYA is 30-50, I'll assume this is a non-swg pool and as such your ideal FC should be 4-6ppm. 1ppm at CYA of 30 or 3ppm FC at a CYA of 50 is too low.
    I used numbers that the CDC / FL DOH recommend – which doesn’t take CYA (stabilizers) into consideration. The CDC also assumes ideal pH and water temperatures are maintained as well. Higher levels are recommended (required in public facilities) for nasty germs such as Hepatitis A, Giardia and Cryptosporidium.

The recommended levels from the TFP pool school and Chlorine/CYA chart seem to be a little higher.

I may have to revisit this.

Thanks for the input!

Mike

******** UPDATE ********

I revised the FC numbers relative to the CYA that I have listed. Thanks to all who have contacted me !!

8. Back To Top    #8

I'd like a PDF copy. You should be able to post it as a link if that works.
    20,000 gallon gunite pool, attached spa, Pebblesheen finish, Paramount PCC-2000 infloor cleaning system, Paramount ClearO3 ozone system, Intelliflo VS main pump, Whisperflo 1HP cleaner pump, StaRite cartridge filter, StaRite heater

9. Back To Top    #9

Sent you a PM.

10. Back To Top    #10

Very nice, Id like a pdf copy as well if still available.

Many thanks
    Brand new IG gunite and plaster approx 18,500 gallons measured at fill from H2O meter.
    Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge 420 CU.FT.
    IntelliFlo VS-3050 VS+SVRS Pump
    Polaris 280 Cleaner
    Intellitouch automation
    TF100 Test kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Is this still available in pdf? Thanks much
    15K gallon inground pool. Krystalkrete finish, 1.5hp Hayward pump, 120 gpm cartridge filter, Polaris 360 cleaner.