Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: return jet

1. Back To Top    #1

return jet

I have a standard eyeball return jet (I beleive) and would like to add a T fitting at return jet (remove just eyeball) and relocate original jet to end of T fitting and add pipe down to bottom of pool with 90 degree fitting and add second jet inside of pool.
    My trouble is how to adapt to original return inside pool. Any and all help would be appreciated.
    12,000 gal. 24' x48"AGP, hayward power-flo lx 1Hp. pump Hayward S244T 24" sand filter system.
    use BBB method and love it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: return jet

Should be just a standard 1.5 inch female connection. Unscrew what you have and take a gander at it. You could just buy a 1.5 threaded male adapter and come off of that with a T connection.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

The standard return jet uses 1½" pipe threads, so all you need is a 1½" Close Threaded Nipple, a 1½" Threaded Tee, a 1½" Threaded Male Adapter, a 1½" Female Threaded Elbow, some 1½" pipe and two (2) eyeball fittings and you should be good to go.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by siebo
    I have a standard eyeball return jet (I beleive) and would like to add a T fitting at return jet (remove just eyeball) and relocate original jet to end of T fitting and add pipe down to bottom of pool with 90 degree fitting and add second jet inside of pool.
    My trouble is how to adapt to original return inside pool. Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Hi siebo,

As Bama and woody said it is easy. I have an Intex pool but I did the exact same thing to my pool last year. Here is the link.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/secon...ml?hilit=intex

Hope this helps.
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

5. Back To Top    #5

Was hoping that I could just remove nut that holds eyeball and remove eyeball and thread 1 1/2" pipe into it. Thanks for info and was kinda looking for a pic of the eyeball assy. as I didn't drain down and pool is not open yet. Trying to get things together before hand.
    12,000 gal. 24' x48"AGP, hayward power-flo lx 1Hp. pump Hayward S244T 24" sand filter system.

6. Back To Top    #6

You can do exactly that. Remove the eyeball assembly which includes the ball ring the eyeball itself and the holder that screws into the fitting. The fitting is 1½" female pipe threads.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

looked at my fitting and it does not look like center turns out. looks as it is all molded.

8. Back To Top    #8

can you show a picture? If you don't have the holder, someone might recognize what you do have...
    24ft x 52in AGP 18000 gal
    sand filter, 200#,1.5 hp single speed pump
    Wood deck (still in progress...)

9. Back To Top    #9

Does it have threads on the outside when you take the eyeball out?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator