Liquidator Install Tips?

The biggest favor you can do for yourself is to take a vacuum pressure reading at the pump basket drain plug. Another thing you can do is post some pics of your equipment. That way we can give location and connection advice.

The best single thing I did was get the 1/4" Hayward needle valve to control the flow out of the LQ.

Bama Rambler said:
The best single thing I did was get the 1/4" Hayward needle valve to control the flow out of the LQ.

Hey that's a great idea with the needle valve. I am using the standard shut-off valve from usplastics and it gets real hard to fine tune the flow because a small movement in the valve equates to a large change in the flow rate.

Is this the type of needle valve your taking about?

Yep, that's the one. It works much better than any of the quarter turn valves that I tried, and I tried a few!

I marked the handle so I could count the turns. That way I could go back to the same setting when I needed to shut it off for any reason.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bama, which of these did you use? http://www.pepplastic.com/index.php...2_2620&zenid=9057e4e969c03ba2b9e49bc65be0ae1b The 1/4", 1/2", or 3/8"? Never mind I see that you used the 1/4", Duh! I should pay more attention sometimes.

Also what connectors do I need to use the needle valve instead of the supplied valve?

I will take photos of my equipment this evening when I get home from work.

What type of gauge do I need to check the pressure at the pump basket? A link would be appreciated. Is it a standard psi gauge like on the filter?

Ok, lets see if I can answer some of these! :)

EastKyGuy & Bo ~~ The fittings are male threaded Speed-Fit like These. Part # 58333, 3/8" tubing to 1/4" MNPT.

EastKyGuy ~~ You need a vacuum gauge to measure the suction pressure. Like a automotive vacuum gauge. Don't worry about getting one if you don't already have one available. You'll probably never use it for anything else.

Flyboy ~~ I tried the valves you linked to, and while they are better than the quarter-turn valves, the plug (cause its not really a needle) is pretty abrupt at a point, so the adjustment isn't nearly as fine as the Hayward.

Bama, are you concerned there might not be suction at a given point, or too much? I winged it on mine, installed the feed line at the PVC right at the pump, and it seems to work fine.

I will say this, don't freak out if you see bubbles in the feed line, it doesn't seem to be putting air in my system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Carlspan.

As Requested here is my set up.
jk94ra.jpg

The ground around my equipment is pretty wet at the moment. We are having some serious rain here + I went to clean the pump basket and forgot to turn off the valve, Oops!

There is a Jandy 3 way valve behind the filter in this pic. It splits the return into two, one is the standard AGP return; the other is an additonal return for a sweeper and circulation about 70 degree around to the left of the filter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.