Need to find reliable installer of new liner,Houston Area

May 2, 2011
Hi all.
We have had our 24' round AG pool for 4 seasons, and did not clean it for the last 2, for multiple reasons. We bought a new liner, but can't hardly find a company to install. Of the 15 pool companies called, and another 10 websites viewed, only ONE even offers to do the install on an AG pool. Good grief!!
Anyone in the Houston area know of a pool co. I can call? Looks like I may have no choice but to hire the one I did find, right?
Thanks. ~M~

Re: Need to find reliable installer of new liner,Houston Are

I will call them and I have a few callbacks I am waiting on. A friend of a friend has some experience installing these, and has help to do it. The co. I found says the labor price to put in a liner, plus a trip charge is 500.00 and up, depending on unforseen complications. I was hoping to find someone in Brazoria County, and avoid additional fees. That's not looking likely right now.Thanks.

I live on the east side of Houston and am having an installer come out this weekend and install a new linar on my 24' AGP. They will be charging me $350.00. I to found it very difficult in finding someone to come out my neck of the woods, but this guy is an installer for a reputable pool store in my area. send me your email and I can send you his number.

We live in West Columbia TX, which is in Brazoria County just south of Houston. I have an above ground pool that is about 8 years old. It is a 24' round and 48" deep metal wall Ovation pool. We had decided this year to replace the pool liner and do it ourselves. We purchased a beaded liner, new wide mouth skimmer and some foam cove and began yesterday. We had some difficulty getting the screws out of the top in places but eventually with WD-40 and some elbow grease my husband got it done. We had put the new liner in the sun this morning and was preparing the sand, getting it leveled when a gust of wind knocked over a huge section of the pool wall and now it has pulled up the metal ring in that area and we have found it is rusted out in spots. This project has now overwhelmed my husband and he has thrown his hands high in the air ready to scream! So folks, I need help and ASAP. We put the liner back in the box, put all the screws and small parts in baggies and now need professional help. My husband is leaving in the morning for two weeks so the "do it yourself" idea is no longer going to happen. Does anyone know of an installer that could come finish this job. I can take some pictures if someone thinks that might help. I take care of my 84 year old father who is 100% disabled and was thinking I might actually keep my sanity if I could get some pool time. Please help.....sniff sniff :( :cry: Kristin you can email me [email protected] Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.