Replaster 1 week ago and blue getting on feet

Apr 24, 2011
We just got 1 week under our belt and had a party at our house and heard after the fact that the guest were getting out of the pool with
blue feet, toes, knees etc (what ever touched the plaster) and was wondering if this is normal.
We had the pool replastered a dark blue color and even now when brushing ( white bristles) I am noticing that there is little bit of color coming off
with each stroke of the brush.
Will this eventually slow down and stop?
I'm hoping that as time goes on the plaster will finally cure and this will stop.
Phil

Wait until the plaster has been there for 30 days and see if it is still doing that then before worrying about it. Colored plaster is made by adding dye to the plaster. During the first 30 days the plaster is curing very actively and small bits of plaster are coming off into the water as dust, along with the dye from those areas of plaster.

More than likely it is plaster dust, which is blue due to the colored plaster. As the plaster cures and you brush and vacuum it away it should be less and less. We were told by our pb to give the plaster a week or two before we started swimming, were you given any sort of instructions? Jason types faster than I do... :goodjob:

He did not give me any instructions.
I'm thinking that he was not happy that I was not getting him to install the AquaLine and also having the pool deck ( concrete) recovered by him.
I am assuming that this is the reason that he did not tell me to not put salt into the water until at least 30 days.
I mean why would someone not tell me that, he does replaster and also installs SWG.
Thank goodness I looked up the manual online for the Aqualine and noticed the comment not to add salt for 30 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.