Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replaster 1 week ago and blue getting on feet

1. Back To Top    #1

Replaster 1 week ago and blue getting on feet

We just got 1 week under our belt and had a party at our house and heard after the fact that the guest were getting out of the pool with
    blue feet, toes, knees etc (what ever touched the plaster) and was wondering if this is normal.
    We had the pool replastered a dark blue color and even now when brushing ( white bristles) I am noticing that there is little bit of color coming off
    with each stroke of the brush.
    Will this eventually slow down and stop?
    I'm hoping that as time goes on the plaster will finally cure and this will stop.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Replaster 1 week ago and blue getting on feet

Wait until the plaster has been there for 30 days and see if it is still doing that then before worrying about it. Colored plaster is made by adding dye to the plaster. During the first 30 days the plaster is curing very actively and small bits of plaster are coming off into the water as dust, along with the dye from those areas of plaster.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Calera, Al

More than likely it is plaster dust, which is blue due to the colored plaster. As the plaster cures and you brush and vacuum it away it should be less and less. We were told by our pb to give the plaster a week or two before we started swimming, were you given any sort of instructions? Jason types faster than I do...
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

He did not give me any instructions.
    I'm thinking that he was not happy that I was not getting him to install the AquaLine and also having the pool deck ( concrete) recovered by him.
    I am assuming that this is the reason that he did not tell me to not put salt into the water until at least 30 days.
    I mean why would someone not tell me that, he does replaster and also installs SWG.
    Thank goodness I looked up the manual online for the Aqualine and noticed the comment not to add salt for 30 days.

5. Back To Top    #5

Dallas, TX

Agree with Rob. When my friends had their pool replastered, they told them no swimming for 2 weeks, and to brush the pool twice a day for those two weeks.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!