Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which SWG to buy?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which SWG to buy?

I am trying to decide between the Hayward Aqua-rite and the Swim-pure. any suggestions.. They are both similarly priced, i just cant find any difference in the two. Currently have a 18x36 vinly lined in-ground. 1-1/2hp Hayward super pump 300lb sand filter and a Polaris 180 auto cleaner. my neighbor is my pool guy but i am tired of having cloudy water and spending 500 a year to have an ugly pool. My pool also get sun light from 8am-8pm during summer hours and usually get close to 90 deg F in late july and august. any help would be greatly appreciated

JEREMY
    18x36 In-Ground Vinyl.
    1 1/2hp Hayward Super Pump.
    1 1/2in piping
    300# Hayward Sand Filter.
    Polaris 180 Pool Cleaner and 3/4 hp Booster Pump
    Goldline SWG 40k.
    North Georgia

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which SWG to buy?

Welcome to TFP!

They are the same. Hayward has been buying up SWG brands over the last few years and now sells the same unit under several different names.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks for the fast responce. now just decide where to buy. i usually get most of my supplies from IN THE SWIM. BTW love this site and Forum. wish i would have found it 7 years ago when i first got my pool
    18x36 In-Ground Vinyl.
    1 1/2hp Hayward Super Pump.
    1 1/2in piping
    300# Hayward Sand Filter.
    Polaris 180 Pool Cleaner and 3/4 hp Booster Pump
    Goldline SWG 40k.
    North Georgia

4. Back To Top    #4

One issue that helped clear the water (and has worked on extended family members pools...) was replacement of pump with variable speed and running ultralow speeds just for filtration. This cleared up water in 24 hours.