Liquidator for running pump schedules at different flow rate

Galun

Apr 14, 2011
In researching automated chlorine injection, I have narrowed it down to the lq or swg.

My current pump schedule runs at high speed for 4 hrs, low speed at 9 hrs, and solar as needed. If I put in the lq, would I be able to deliver a consistent amount of chlorine? It would seem like I cannot do it because the solar runs based on temp differential among solar temp, water temp, and my set point. That means there is no consistency in pump run time, and thus I cannot get consistency in chlorine injection from the lq.

Did I understand this correctly?

Thanks!

Re: Liquidator for running pump schedules at different flow

Correct. The Liquidator feeds chlorine based on the pump run time. If your pump run times varies due to solar heat demand your chlorine feed will vary. While that isn't a total block to using the Liquidator, it is a major disadvantage. You would need to set it up to feed enough chlorine to handle a very warm cloudy day with little solar use, which would mean feeding too much chlorine most days.

Re: Liquidator for running pump schedules at different flow

You are correct. The LQ adds chlorine whenever the pump is running, so if the pump run time varies the amount of chlorine added varies. You could add a solenoid valve to shut off the flow from the LQ if you wanted.

A swcg or injection pump on a separate timer would do what you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.