water under liner

Aug 10, 2010
Bryant AR
I now have lots of runners on the sides and bottom of the pool from all the rain. We had 5 inches last week over 3 days and it has now rained at least 6 inches in 60 hours with another 3-4 more coming before it quits on Tuesday afternoon if we are lucky. Before that we had had quite a bit of rain in the last 30 days causing the saturation level to be complete. The only other time this has happened was when the hurricane hit Texas in 2008 and we got 10 inches in 3 days. I survived last week with only a few spots and they had pretty much fixed themselves but this time it is a mess from the looks of it. Best option try to resit the liner while full or drain it redo the liner and refill the pool? Thoughts?

The main consideration has to do with checking to see if the floor has shifted or not. As long as the floor stays in place, you can adjust the walls (sometimes only with some real effort). Once the floor shifts you often need to reset the liner. Keep in mind that an older liner won't usually survive being reset.

My pool builder stopped by yesterday. He took the cleaning hose, filled it with water, stuck one end behind the liner in the shallow end all the way to the pool bottom and the other end in the skimmer with the pump running. It sucked the water for 15 minutes all the way out from beneath the liner. Deep end and all. At the same it sucked the air out also and pulled the entire liner back against the walls. He did brush a few of the bottom wrinkles out. Looks perfect. Swimming tonight.

$75 well spent.

Next is the curtain drain all the way around the pool. I am not doing this mess again.

I am estimating 16 inches of rain over 10 days. Including 10 from Saturday until Tuesday this week. Whole state is under water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.