New Pool filled added chemical and here are my results...

noj70

Dec 8, 2010
I finally was able to get the pump and filter hooked up and pool filled the rest of the way Friday night. Started adding chemical. So far I have added about 400 oz of 6% bleach, (I did this over two days since I did not have any CYA and FC dropped during the day Sat), 12 pounds of Borax, 6 pounds of powder CYA, and due to cloudy water 5 oz of Aqua Chem super water clarifier. I did the over night chlorine drop test and did not lose any, plus my cc is at or about 0, so I am quite certain I don't have an algae problem. Also one of my wonderful children accidentally got about a shovel full of dirt in the pool which I think explains the cloudy water. I have been using my Polaris 65 (which needs constant attention since it loves to coil up on itself) and vacuuming some to get the dirt out. I know I tested too early for the CYA, but I am happy with the results so far. Anyway here are my numbers, and yes I am concerned about the high TA, but I might wait a few days to see what it does. The pool was filled 100% with well water.

Before Chem
FC 0
CC .5
TC .5
PH 6.8
TA 20(I think)
CYA 0
Temp 70
Today
FC 5.5
CC 0
TC 5.5
PH 7.6
TA 130
CYA 45
Temp 72

Re: New Pool filled added chemical and here are my results..

Your numbers look good. Keep your pump running 24/7 until the cloudiness is removed. Dirt typically does not result in cloudiness but whatever caused it is probably not important as long as you show continual improvement in the water clarity.

As an aside, clarifiers sometimes work but most of the time they don't.

Can I run my pump on low speed, or should I use high speed till the water clears? The pump is a Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed.
Thanks,

Ditto to what Dave said. You have a fairly large pool and depending on the size of your filter/pump it may take a while to filter out the cloudiness.

PS...now would be a good time to add more equipment/pool specifics in you signature :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.