AGP and copper from Intex SWG

Feb 12, 2011
Hello All,

I have a 27 ft round AGP and I have just purchased the Intex SWG from walmart. It is the new one with the copper electrodes. I am a little unsure if I should leave this connected as I have read a few posts saying that copper is a bad idea for pools. Is this the case with AGPs or just of tiled inground pools? Also I'm not sure if I should put a check valve between the SWG and the heater which is about 6 feet away. I will run the SWG for about 4-5 hours a day and the pump for about 6 hours.

Thanks

IAn.

Welcome to TFP!

There is no need for a check valve, you have plenty of physical separation, which will serve the same purpose.

I would disconnect the copper. Doing so is very easy. Copper can stain blond hair green in any kind of pool. Copper is not as likely to cause problems with a vinyl liner as it is with plaster. However, if you were to get copper stains, you most likely couldn't remove them as the obvious way to remove copper stains with acid would destroy the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.