Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tear on pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Tear on pool cover

I have an in-ground pool, 18' by 36', with an automatic pool cover (the brand is Pool Covers).

The problem is that earlier today the cover was opening unevenly, and at one point the side that was not opening as much as the other tore from the material that is attached to the rope, on the corner.

I was able to straighten out the bar the lies across the pool, and at least now it opens and closes evenly.

How do I go about fixing the tear? It seems what failed isn't the cover material or the material that is attached to the rope, just the thread.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tear on pool cover

Welcome to TFP!!

I'd call the manufacturer, or look them up on line, to see if they have better advice than mine

I may be able to come up with something if you can post a pic of the damage.

Also, try to figure out why the cover is reeling unevenly.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Tear on pool cover

Quote Originally Posted by apoolowner

How do I go about fixing the tear? It seems what failed isn't the cover material or the material that is attached to the rope, just the thread.
    Typically the only way to repair this is to sew it back up.,
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool