Floating vinyl liner with foam backing

kersty

May 1, 2011
I have a huge problem with the liner of my pool pulling away from the corner of the deep end, as well as under the skimmer. The pool has a layer of foam between the liner and the concrete walls that appears to be "bunched up" due to the amount of water behind the liner. We have had around 10" of hard rain in the past few days, and I know that the water table is high, as I can see the water behind the liner. At this point is has completely pulled away from the wall. After noticing the issue, i have made sure that the water level in the pool is above the 1/2 point of the skimmer, hoping that keeping the water high will help move it back into place. No such luck. I am wondering if it is possible to cut away the foam that has bunched up, and then be able to stretch the liner back into place? Since the foam has floated also, it would be almost impossible to stretch the liner over it to be put back in place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to TFP!!

I've seen this problem with many pools :( Have you read this ?

If none of those tips on getting the liner back in will work for you, you can cut the wall foam, but I'd do that as a last resort.

The wall foam will probably need to be reapplied to protect your liner from the concrete walls, and I would hold off on cutting it until we can determine the best way to reapply it and prevent this from happening again, let's keep the cost down :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.