Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG pool how much stabilizer is typically used per season?

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG pool how much stabilizer is typically used per season?

Just starting with new pool and pb is starting chemicals. I'm planning ahead, how much stabilizer can I expect to use per season? Do I need to stock up now?
    Plaster pool inground 22,000 gallons with spa. Pentair Intelliflo, IC40 salt generator, WiFi control/Easy Touch.
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump on 750 gallon spa. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator on spa. Auto water level. Dolphin M500. TF100 XL with Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: SWG pool how much stabilizer is typically used per seaso

Are you asking for the starting ppm or how much will be consumed?

Starting ppm should be 60-80.

I wouldn't stock any as it is not a consumable item and will only get lower in your pool through refilling and rainwater. You may have to add a little more once or twice this season.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

That answers my question. I was wondering about amount needed for replacement.
    Plaster pool inground 22,000 gallons with spa. Pentair Intelliflo, IC40 salt generator, WiFi control/Easy Touch.
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump on 750 gallon spa. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator on spa. Auto water level. Dolphin M500. TF100 XL with Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

I usually keep a small jug of dichlor on hand to raise CYA. I'll shut off the SWG for a few days and use the dichlor for chlorine until I get CYA back where I want it.
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html