Aquarite T 15 not producing chlorine - all readings in range

May 1, 2011
Unit display says generating, cell clean, all levels are in normal range. Checked black disc (not cracked and ook s fine), flow is good - however unit is not producing chlorine.

I changed the cell aproximately 2.5 years ago - how can I determine if I need a new one again - any help would be appreciated

Levels are

temp 82
cell voltage 25.1
cell current 5.71
Ouput 100p
Instant salinity -29
AL-0
software rev 1.3

David

Re: Aquarite T 15 not producing chlorine - all readings in r

Welcome to TFP!

All of those readings are normal and indicate a working cell. My guess is that the SWG is producing chlorine, but something in the pool is using up the chlorine just as quickly as it is adding more.

You should post a full set of water test results and tell us what the water looks like. From that we can probably tell you what is happening.

David

From the data you provided, the cell should be producing chlorine.
Loosen the threaded union at the output side of the cell just enough to let it drip. Acquire a sample of water.
How much Free Chlorine is in the sample from the cell?

If there is not sufficient stabilizer (CYA) in the pool, the chlorine can quickly be lost to the effects of the sun.
If there are algae or organics in the pool, this may also consume the chlorine faster than the cell can produce it.

Please post a complete set of water analysis.

PSG

Ok I will try to get a sample - in past years when the unit is working there are tiny bubbles that ccome out from the return water to the pool - when it stopped a few weeks ago (due to noticing a buildup of algae) the bubbles stopped - I always equated the tiny bubbles to the unit working properly - the pool has no chlorine in it and has been on super chloriinate for 3 days

SWGs are not designed to bring the FC level up from zero. To kill algae you need to bring the FC level up rapidly, while a SWG is designed to add chlorine very slowly and steadily. You need to manually shock the pool. See the article on shocking your pool in Pool School.

There could still be bubbles. Their visibility is rather unpredictable depending on water conditions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.