Hello I want to start off by saying I know very little about pool. This makes my second season with my pool and last year had zero problems everything stayed perfect all year. Anyway I opened up the pool this spring I shocked it and put algecide in and first couple days looked to be clearing up fine. Then out of the blue my water turned cloudy to where you cannot even see the bottom. All my readings seemed fine but my PH it was high so after a couple days and 7 pounds of PH minus I took PH down to 7.3. Before I did anything else I took the water sample to the pool store and here was my readings.
The pool store suggested I shock with 8 gallons of liquid shock for a 30'x 54" pool. I came home and put 8 gallons of liquid shock in just as directed. I got up this morning and I used my test strips and my PH shot way up again it is 8.4 or higher. Here is my readings.
FC>10 or higher
PH>8.4 or higher
Should I hurry and try and get my PH down before my chlorine level starts dropping or is this normal?
Thank you in advance for any advice