Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: This is what I'm buying. First time pool owner.

1. Back To Top    #1

This is what I'm buying. First time pool owner.

Hello all,
    I've been doing reading. Lots of reading. Got my test kit K-2006. Just waiting to get to the pool. Closing on May 9th.

What I know. (Working from Left to Right)
    Pool heater INOP. Has electricity to it, but doesn't work.
    Sand filter next to heater. Just sitting there.
    Pump sucks air. (Needs new O-ring) type unknown. 1HP
    Cartridge filter. (Think its Jandy CS 150)
    Booster pump. DEAD
    Timer (needs new case) rusted
    There are 4 brass Gate valves. 1 or 2 need new handles.
    I'm believe the first 2 gate valves are suction. Unsure about the 2nd 2 gate valves.

Pool water comes from the gate valves to the pump, to the filter.
    From the filter to the heater. (Thinking of bypassing the heater ((inop)) (Nice straight runs to install a SWG.)
    Then back to the pool.

I plan on removing the inop booster pump. What do I do with the lines?
    I think the pressure was reading 30 ish on the gauge. I really don't remember. I need to check when we close.
    Does anyone recognize the pump? I'll need to order a new O-ring. I'd like to have that in hand.
    If the valves are working leave them alone or change them out when they start to leak? I'll be adding a SWG shortly.
    Thanks in advance.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: This is what I'm buying. First time pool owner.

If the o-ring for the pump fits on the strainer basket lid, then just take the lid to any pool store. They should have an o-ring to fit.

If you can take close up pictures of any labels on the pump we may be able to identify it for you.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: This is what I'm buying. First time pool owner.

Thanks for the quick reply zea3. This was taken by wife when we had the home inspection done. I dropped the ball and didn't get close-up of the equipment. My bust. Will do when we close.
    Bob
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida