Results of just opened pool

May 12, 2009
Took cover off pool yesterday and water looked amazing. I topped off and allowed pump to run from 10pm last night to 830am this morning before I took my tests. Here are some of my results. I am waiting on my CYA test until my pool water reaches room temperature (Last year it was recommended that I wait to test CYA until pool water sample was at room temperature).

Please let me know what you think?

Pool temperature 60'F

FC 3.5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 80 (I think this is a little low, but since I am kinda new to this ????)
Calcium 140 ( I have a vinyl pool not sure on this either ???)

This is my 2nd year opening with the BBB method, I am still a newbie and I know last year I really didn't worry all that much about TA and calcium, I mostly monitored FC and CC every other day, and PH once a week?

Let me know what I should do next?
I will post CYA results once I get them :)
Thanks guys!

Attachments

• Pool Opening 2011.jpg
    Pool Opening 2011.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 45
Your numbers so far are fine!

With a vinyl liner you only need to worry about CH being too high, which yours isn't, so CH is good. The ideal TA depends on what you use to add chlorine. Unless you use trichlor tablets for chlorine, having TA around 80 is just fine. PH is perfect. FC is probably good, but it depends on the CYA level.

Ok just got CYA it is at 20. What should I do? Top up to 40 and adjust FC levels from there.

Of Course I still have to clean out the pool, just a little bit of debris at bottom, but other than that is is sparkling clear! However, way to cold :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.