Have the pool...what else do I need?

May 1, 2011
I bought just the pool from someone off of craigslist. I'm kind of a newb at this whole pool thing and don't really know what size of pump and filter to get or what the best brands are for the money?

The pool is a Atlantic J2000, 24' round and 52" high. If you could just let me know what the best pump and filter would be for this, that would be great!

Also, if there is anything else I may need for it, please let me know!

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to TFP! A Hayward or Pentair above ground 1 horse power 2 speed pump should be fine for a pool that size. As far as filters go, Hayward and Pentair both have a variety of sand, cartridge or DE filters to choose from. Here is an article comparing the different types of filters.

If you are planning to install the pool yourself then you will have some addition choices to make.

Thank you! I'm finding it to be quite informative, so glad I found this site!

Thank you for the suggestion and the link :) We are considering setting it up ourselves, if we can't find someone in the area who can do it. What are the additional choices?

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.