newbie needs help replaceing liner!

Apr 30, 2011
Hey everybody,I recently bought a foreclosed house with a money pit in the backyard. I've got a 16x32 grecian inground with a 8'5'' deep end. The pool liner in 50% intact with tears and most has came out of the track.This has caused alot of wash out with my bottom and walls. I had an estimate around $2600 that included liner and some patch work to the bottom and wall , but I had to remove the old liner and sweep in prep for trowling. Which seems resonable but need some advice. 1) I need to re trowel the bottom in some spots but having trouble finding vermiculite to buy? 2) Wondering if anyone buys liners online or from pooldeals.com. Thanks I'll post some pictures

RoyalSwimmingPools.com sells both vermiculite and the pre mixed poolcrete.
If you are near Atlanta I have some vermiculite left over. I would sell at a good price but I'm not interested in shipping it.

John

Welcome to TFP!!

I can help you but I had a very hard day at work, both physically and mentally. :sleep:

There are some posts here that include your issues and I'll try to make a preliminary post on your issue tomorrow - if i somehow skip it, shoot me a PM (or just shoot me :lol: ) and I've also got Wed. off. :cool:

I am SOOO sorry for the delay in getting back to you!! :oops:

Depending on what the existing floor is, you'll want to use the same material (sand & portland or vermiculite & portland).

As to where to procure vermiculite, I'd try looking for a pool supply store, as opposed to a pool store - Ft. Wayne (Baystate in New England), Imperial, Weather King, and PBS (Pool Builder Supply) are a few I can name. (though if you have a company around you that installs liner pools, they ought have a bag or 2 laying around that they'd be willing to sell you).

If you need any help with mixing and applying the verm, look at part 8 & 9 of this series. If you have any other questions, I definately owe you a quicker response :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.