Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Colorlogic Pool Light

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Colorlogic Pool Light

I have a 7 Year old Hayward Colorlogic Pool Light that has started strobbing?????????
    Is there any way to repair it?
    Would it be best to buy a new light?
    I have been researching and believe Pentair Intellibrite Lights are better.

Any suggestions?

Thank You
    23,000 gallon inground free form pool with spillover spa, Paramount in floor auto pool cleaner, Hayward C17502 filter, Andrews Advantage Series heater, 2hp Pentair WhisperFlo 26 pump for in floor auto pool cleaner, 2hp WhisperFlo 28 pump for pool filter

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Hayward Colorlogic Pool Light

You shouldn't change brands. Each brand niche is UL listed for use with their respective brand's fixtures. You can go to the Color Logics 4.0, which is a better fixture than the original.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Hayward Colorlogic Pool Light

Repair, No, will make a cool frisbee. These are disposible units, unless you have extensive knowledge in electronics.

Scott, you are assuming the installer used the same brand niche. I know they are supposed to, But...............................
    How many remodels are done with old pools and changed fixtures to new in a different brand. The whole matching UL listing thing is a Big CYA for the company, and will Void the warranty of the light.
    Metal or plastic niche with a screw holder, or a Metal or plastic niche with a screw holder. Yeah, I can really see the difference.