Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this tool? Pressure washer disc sander

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

What is this tool? Pressure washer disc sander

Anybody ever see one of these tools - or know what they are?

They are used for sanding pebble surfaces.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0c3WjGo5mY
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is this tool? Pressure washer disc sander

Looks like it is more for "polishing" than anything else.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Diamond polishing pads

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Yea I figured diamond polishing- but attached to WHAT? I can't find this tool anywhere. Wondering if it was home-made or is just
    a air sander that they attached to the power washer.
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

It is something they made.
    Looks like a hydraulic grinder, or polisher, they made to work with a pressure washer.

Out here they use a gas powered weed eater, with a polishing pad attachement that they made. Works well though.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

gas powered weed eater- thats innovative.... attach a sanding pad... for polishing..
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

"Wet Edge" installers use it on their "Primera Stone" finishes. Give them a call.
    40 X 26 Free Form Pool with attached 9 X 7 Spa raised 18" with 8 Jets and Spillover, and an Art Rock Waterfall/Grotto with accent rocks, 26,000 gallons
    Intelliflo VF-3050 for Pool, VS-3050 for Spa Jets, VS-3050 for Waterfall/Grotto, Quad DE 80, 400K BTU Mastertemp, Intellitouch i7+3 w/ iS10 10 Function Spa-Side Remote, Intellichlor IC40 Salt Chlorinator, Telephone Remote, 2 Intellibrites for Pool/ 1 for Spa, Solar Panels on 2 story Roof w/ 75% coverage
    Pebble Tec Tropical Breeze Tsunami's Pool Build

8. Back To Top    #8

You are looking for a "water feed" sander.

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Feed-Orbita ... B004JKRX5C

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

I can't believe you found this as I was looking online for hours and normally can find anything... Anyway did finish my friends pool - massive calcium scale that required sanding. Was able to get all buffed out with an orbital sander, and acid washed. Looks good, but it was a lot of work. Now he is going to learn BBB and water testing. The material was so thick that when wet sanded it turned into milky paste like white glue... dry sanding actually worked better then buffed wet.

Thanks
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100