Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What do you do first raise PH or TA?

1. Back To Top    #1

What do you do first raise PH or TA?

Up and running here are my numbers
    FC 14.5
    CC 0
    PH 7.2
    TA 60
    CH 120
    CYA 50
    Temp 68

Been bringing the water up to level today, clean a little cloudy. Have been adding bleach the last few days as it was getting warmer and we needed to fix some leaking pipes. What do I do next raise the TA or the PH 1st? I think I need to raise the TA because the baking soda will also raise the PH is that correct? Do I need to do any adjustments to other numbers? Second year with TFP opened to a clear pool no CC so far. Do I need to bring to shock level with 0 CC's?
    16X32 Rectangular In Ground Built 1998, New Vinyl liner and Motor 8/2012, 19,000, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump,PoolPilot DIG-220 SWG, 2 Skimmers, Main Drain, Clean Machine Robot, Full Sun, Bleach, TFTest Kit
    Central, VA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What do you do first raise PH or TA?

Since your pH is technically ok I'd raise the TA first but only to about 80.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks I don't need to doing any other adjustments right?
    16X32 Rectangular In Ground Built 1998, New Vinyl liner and Motor 8/2012, 19,000, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump,PoolPilot DIG-220 SWG, 2 Skimmers, Main Drain, Clean Machine Robot, Full Sun, Bleach, TFTest Kit
    Central, VA

4. Back To Top    #4

Just raise the TA a little. You can leave the PH where it is. The PH will most likely drift up slowly, and anything 7.2 or higher is fine to swim in. If PH shows any sign of going down, then raise it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School