leaving solar blanket on for a week or not

Apr 30, 2011
I am not going to use the pool for the next week after getting heated up, and was curious if there were any issues with leaving the solar blanket over the pool for this period? I have turned the chlorinator down to 20%. The cover is opaque blue with slver underlayer.

Thanks for your help in advance.

great thanks, this saves me having to heat the pool up from scratch.

Should I turn the SWG right down as there will be no UV sun burn off? The pool is 19,000gal and normaly in direct sunlight for most the day, liner. I notice when I remove the cover there is quite the CH smell but it was only shocked 4 days ago which could explain that although my TC is 0 on last check.

Hi

no was goign to turn the heater off, I was hoping to stop the pool dropping too low in temp costing more to heat back up, but you are the second person to mention letting the pool breathe and based on the CH smell I get when removing the cover I guess there is some link in that reason.

Some people think it's good to let the pool breathe, other people think it makes no difference. If you find leaving the cover on makes CC accumulate or makes your pH go weird, breathing is probably a remedy. I leave mine on pretty much all the time and don't have either of those problems.

And in either case, I'd leave the cover on over vacation and not worry about it.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.