Have pressure side/pump cleaner - want to get a new one

spondell

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 26, 2009
Hi all,

I've got an old cleaner - it says it is a Leslie's Legacy - which I think is a Polaris origin. There is no other info on it. It has a dedicated pump and outlet. The hoses and tail are shot and, rather than rebuilding, I guess I'll have to break out the checkbook and get a new one. I've been looking at the Polaris 280 and the PoolCleaner and have a few questions. First, I know where my booster pump discharges to (the cleaner). Where are the suction intakes? Second, I'm pretty sure the booster pump only comes on if the main pump is on. If it is an independent system, why was it wired to connect to the pool pump? Third, can I set this up with my new cleaner so that it doesn't need the booster pump? I have a 15K gallon plaster pool.

Thanks for your help and expertise!

Booster pumps should only be run when the main pump is on.

Yes, you can convert to a cleaner that doesn't require a booster pump, but doing so gracefully may require a little re-plumbing. You can get a suction line by plugging a hose into a skimmer or by re-plumbing your current booster pump line to be a suction line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.