Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quartzscapes - Aruba Sky

1. Back To Top    #1

Quartzscapes - Aruba Sky

As we were researching interiors for our recently completed pool, I came across this forum. We decided to go with a plaster interior since the pebble interiors are too rough (even mini-pebble). Our pool builder suggested Diamondbrite at first, but we said we wanted something darker. We did not want white, even with blue specks. So, he suggested Quartzscapes. We looked on the web and only found a few of the Quartzscapes colors with photo examples. We also found a limited set of choices made on locally-built pools. This made it difficult to get an idea of how the rest of the color options would look in a real pool. After literally weeks of agonizing discussion, we settled on Aruba Sky. This is one of those colors without any photos posted, and we could not find any local pools with that color. So, I wanted to come back and share a couple of photos of our pool to perhaps help others decide for themselves. Happy pool building!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quartzscapes - Aruba Sky

Beautiful
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Until I see bodies in bikini's I will only see that as a computer rendering. YOU CAN'T FOOL ME.
    1960's 28,000 gallon concrete bottom/steel side Baker figure 8 pool.
    1 hp hayward superpump
    Sand filter
    enough bleach to be suspicious.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks so much for posting the pictures of your pool in Aruba Sky. This is what has been recommended for our pool remodel. How do you like it and did it meet your expectations. Does the water get to warm with the darker color?

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks great. We are building a pool right now with Aruba Sky with Gold Flakes. I Registered on this site just to see your pics. I'll be perfectly happy if this is how it turns out.

6. Back To Top    #6

i love that color. i would have went with that but my builder wanted an extra $1000 to go with tier 2 or carribbean styles. i ended up going with tier 1 color "blue" and am happy.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thats a very good color! Good choice.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice. We are looking at Marlin Blue but your pics make me reconsider now. Very pretty!
    IG Gunnite Pool Size: 25K gallons (20 x 40, 3'6" to 6" depth) with 2 huge Baker Hydro cartridge filters under the skimmer baskets on the suction side, 2 mech timers
    BRAND NEW PLASTER! Quartzscapes/Diamondbrite, Newer Polaris 280, Brand New Hayward Maxflo VS, Brand New Pentair Intelichlor
    I will conquer the black algae this pool season!!!

9. Back To Top    #9

I did Aruba Sky with Gold Flakes as well and it's a great look.

10. Back To Top    #10

I did Quartzscapes Aruba too.....but I saw them use Diamondbrite and mix in the Quartzscapes Aruba Blue color into the mix. Is that how its done or did I not get the true Quartscapes as it was intended to be mixed? Just curious.
    IG Gunnite Pool Size: 25K gallons (20 x 40, 3'6" to 6" depth) with 2 huge Baker Hydro cartridge filters under the skimmer baskets on the suction side, 2 mech timers
    BRAND NEW PLASTER! Quartzscapes/Diamondbrite, Newer Polaris 280, Brand New Hayward Maxflo VS, Brand New Pentair Intelichlor
    I will conquer the black algae this pool season!!!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by czechshern View Post
    As we were researching interiors for our recently completed pool, I came across this forum. We decided to go with a plaster interior since the pebble interiors are too rough (even mini-pebble). Our pool builder suggested Diamondbrite at first, but we said we wanted something darker. We did not want white, even with blue specks. So, he suggested Quartzscapes. We looked on the web and only found a few of the Quartzscapes colors with photo examples. We also found a limited set of choices made on locally-built pools. This made it difficult to get an idea of how the rest of the color options would look in a real pool. After literally weeks of agonizing discussion, we settled on Aruba Sky. This is one of those colors without any photos posted, and we could not find any local pools with that color. So, I wanted to come back and share a couple of photos of our pool to perhaps help others decide for themselves. Happy pool building!

I wasn't able to see you attached photos. Can you send them to me. thinking about doing this color plaster in my pool. Thanks in advance for your help.