Liquidator Question

Do you have a two speed pump, or a variable speed pump? The Liquidator has lower flow rates when then pump is on a low speed. Also what is your filter pressure, and where do you have the Liquidator feed and return hoses connected?

If your inlet and outlet hose connections on the Liquidator contaIner are ABOVE the pool water level...............they say to remove the check valves if you have them inline.

Jason - I have a 2hp pump that came in the package deal, I have been looking at different pumps but that's what I have now. The gauge is reading about 24 psi and the feed is coming from after the filter, the return is right b4 the pump.

Woody - The LQ is below the water line

Bama - I have removed the Check valves and still know difference

The best I can find is everything flows good except b/t the return fitting b4 the pump and the check valve in the return line on the LQ. The water coming from the return fitting and meeting the water coming from the LQ is not strong enough to get in the system

With a large pump and the correct hose connections, flow that low means that something is defective somewhere. From other reports it is likely that the problem is the Liquidator flow rate valve, but you could also be having problems with a check valve or one of the float valves. The best thing to do is to bypass parts one at a time until the flow rate improves, as you appear to have started doing already.

Here's a quick test. If you have a valve before the LQ outlet in the skimmer line, partially close it off and see if the flow out of the LQ goes up. If you don't have a valve you can either hook up a vacuum to the skimmer or partially block the skimmer outlet to see if that increases the flow out of the LQ.

Can you take a pic of your setup and post it?

import237.jpg

import236.jpg

The black tape is test spots

That tells me that you have a very low suction head. That's a good thing as far as the pool goes but a bad thing for the LQ flow wise.

I assume that the thing I see right behind the LQ is the pool.

Have you tried moving the outlet to the drain plug of the pump basket?

That valve right at the pump basket is part of your problem.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You're taking a pressure drop across that valve so the pressure is slightly lower on one side of the valve than on the other. If the valve was farther out in the line you could put the LQ tap between the valve and pump suction and take advantage of the pressure drop across the valve to help the LQ flow. You could also partially close the valve to increase the suction pressure so the LQ would flow better.

As a second thought, are you sure the impeller of the pump is clear?

You're very welcome.

We don't often run into the situation where there's not enough suction head to get the LQ to flow because most most pools have enough suction restriction to create enough head to suck the chlorine out if the line. Once in a while we see a pool with a very short run to the pump and there's something (like you're valve) that takes all the suction head right at the pump suction.

P.S. As an afterthought, you could have placed the outlet of the LQ in the basket drain and closed the valve a little and that would have possibly worked.

Bama Rambler said:
You're very welcome.

We don't often run into the situation where there's not enough suction head to get the LQ to flow because most most pools have enough suction restriction to create enough head to suck the chlorine out if the line. Once in a while we see a pool with a very short run to the pump and there's something (like you're valve) that takes all the suction head right at the pump suction.

P.S. As an afterthought, you could have placed the outlet of the LQ in the basket drain and closed the valve a little and that would have possibly worked.

Please excuse the highjack...where did you all get a fitting for the backet drain?

Was it a 1/2" fitting with barb?

Thanks...Bo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.