Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Supershock question

1. Back To Top    #1

Supershock question

Finally drained the swap at the bottom of my spa ( storm blew off top and filled bottom with lots o rain) and am ready to supershock. The weather is going to be bad the next 2 days, but I would like to get the process started. Would it be ok to leave it sitting super chlorinated for a few days or not so much? Thanks!
    15,000 gallons, Cartridge Filters, IG,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Supershock question

Are you going to be circulating the spa water? My pool is just now getting back to normal looking after that 2.5 inch rain we had Tuesday night with all the twisters.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh my goodness woodyp! Hope you all are ok! My pool was a green mess of debris after one of the first rounds of storms this season. I was so proud of myself for getting it back to blue in only 4 hours.
    (go TFP for teaching me well!)
    Yeah, I'd planned on running it. I forgot though, with the decontamination process you are supposed to overfill the spa above the normal fill line when super shocking, so maybe I need to wait?

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd probably wait till Monday at this point. Our temps next week are only supposed to be in the mid 70's. Ain't like we're going to lose any quality pool swimming time! My pool temp is at 72-----had been up to 79.............(sigh).
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

and am ready to supershock
    Just so everyone stays on the same page, we don't "supershock" but we "shock".

I know it's a fine point but I've heard here on the forum of "supershock" being a product you can buy.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Noted duraleigh...definitely not buying anything, just going through the decontamination process. Thanks for the heads up on wordage!