mosquitos

Apr 4, 2010
Hello everyone

pool is up and running water 75 * Does anyone here know a good way to reduce mosquito problems for nite swimming what has worked bug killers citronella lamps or what ?Its not a heavy infestation at nite just annoying and I like the pool after dark.

I would love to know the answer to this question too! Living in South Louisiana - we call mosquitos the state bird! I've just recently purchased an insect repellant plant but I'm not sure how good it will work. The nursery that sold it to me said it works great, of course. Another nursery said not to waste my money... we'll see. I also plan on putting some citronella torches in pots around the pool... great ambiance and hopefully will keep the squitos away too!

I have found the best thing is the lanterns made by Thermocell.....they are odorless, no mess to load the strips and include an anti tip switch so if they are knocked over the extinguish. Each lamp will do a 15 foot diameter area.

I live in middle GA and the mosquitos here are bad- these really work. You can get them at Walmart.

Here in Louisiana, the only thing I have had luck with is fogging on a regular basis, the only problem is when fogging in the evening hours I have had the fire department show up more than once when someone driving by thought they saw "smoke".

Ike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bat houses? Bats love to eat bugs and mosquitoes are bugs, right? Bats usually feed at dusk. I know where we are in Ohio, mosquitoes are not a problem if there are bats about. Its worth a try...

jhalpinjr said:
I have found the best thing is the lanterns made by Thermocell.....they are odorless, no mess to load the strips and include an anti tip switch so if they are knocked over the extinguish. Each lamp will do a 15 foot diameter area.

I live in middle GA and the mosquitos here are bad- these really work. You can get them at Walmart.
X2!!! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.