Pentair MultiPortValve

Apr 29, 2009
So after reading about them here and all my friends bragging about their mvp's I decided to take the plunge and retrofit my sand filter with one.

Found one still in the box on ebay. Pentair model #261055, says right on the box in the pictures. Sweet price too! Got it shipped and come to find out there is a label on the front that says #261152 VLV 2"MPT DE PH EXP.

Actual valve says on the label: 27-3207 which cross references with a DE filters only but I did see where an add at a parts store said "for use on de and sand filters".

Tad confused.

Is this true? Can I use this on my Triton II 60 sand filter?

Well, you could use it, its just plumbed backwards. So filter would mean backwash and backwash would mean filter.

The difference between the two valves is the Triton/Quad valve is designed for filters where the inlet is on the top and outlet is on the bottom. The DE valve is designed for inlet to be on the bottom, and outlet on the top. There isn't a huge difference between them other than that.

Take this advice with a grain of salt, I'm the filters engineer, not the valves engineer, but I THINK thats the only real difference.

BriceJohnson said:
Well, you could use it, its just plumbed backwards. So filter would mean backwash and backwash would mean filter.

The difference between the two valves is the Triton/Quad valve is designed for filters where the inlet is on the top and outlet is on the bottom. The DE valve is designed for inlet to be on the bottom, and outlet on the top. There isn't a huge difference between them other than that.

Take this advice with a grain of salt, I'm the filters engineer, not the valves engineer, but I THINK thats the only real difference.

I'd rather not Brice. I appreciate the info but since I travel a lot and gone at weeks at a time, I'd rather not worry if the wife has it right or not. Especially the stepson. Ugh.

I wonder - could I buy a rebuilt kit and just replace the whole top portion and the internals? Or is that not cost prohibitive?

Hey Brice, do me a favor - ask the nimrods over in your valve division why they would have the box printed 261055 Threaded Triton and Quad De Filter Valve on the top, then on the botton FNS,FNS PLUS and NSP Filters....AND a sticker on the side that says 261152!

Very very confusing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.