Do Ozone systems equal bunch O' air in the lines?

Feb 9, 2011
Central Texas
I had lots of air in the system. I could see it in the check valve "window" for the spa return and see the bubbles coming out of the two returns closest to the pump. The PB suspected a faulty check valve on the Ozone system. To confirm this, I removed the ozone line from the pump basket drain and re-installed the drain plug. The system cleared up of air.

PB comes out yesterday an replaces the check valve. Today, lots of air in the pump lid, check valve and in the near returns.

Is this to be expected, or is there something wrong?

Sounds like a leak in the tubing; nothing to do with the check valve. While I don't have one, I don't think an ozone system should inject a substantial amount of bubbles like you are seeing. Any chance of a picture of the setup?

Hmm. Never thought of that. Not sure why :). I will take a pic tomorrow. It basically is mounted on the wall behind the pump. There is a flow meter on the O3 unit with a tube that comes from the meter to the pump basket. The tube fits into a compression fitting in a check valve that is screwed directly into the pump suction port.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.