Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Important to have authorized dealer install Intelliflo VF?

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

Important to have authorized dealer install Intelliflo VF?

I figure the authorized dealer could warranty his/her work, especially if I have a problem and call Pentair. The only issue is the authorized dealer in my area can only come when I'm at work.

So I was thinking about going with someone else I know who has a lot of experience but is not "authorized". Is it hard to screw up the installation? What do you guys think?
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Important to have authorized dealer install Intelliflo V

Many people do their own installs. There is nothing magical about the IntelliFlo. The hookup is nearly identical to what you would see on any other Pentair pump. Any one with a little plumbing and electrical experience can handle it. The more complex part is deciding on what speed to use for each function, which almost always ends up being a mixture of planning and trial and error.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School