Jandy Cartridge Filter, CS Series 100 150 SOLVED

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
From the manual it looks like the CS100 (filter C-8410) and CS150 (filter C-8414) have the same size housing and same size filter measurements (Diameter: 8-15/16" Length: 23-5/16" and 4 inch ends). The difference is the amount of filter media. 100 sq ft vs 150 sq ft.
My question why couldn't you put in the larger filter and be good to go?

I think this is what's on my pool. Still waiting but from the distant pictures it looks to be it. It's on a 17K gal pool with 1hp pump.

Thanks.

Re: Jandy Cartridge Filter, CS Series 100 150

Its not uncommon for manufacturers to just cram more media into a cartridge.

We do it (our CNC 150 and 200 cartridges are the same size and go into the same housing).

Just be aware that you don't always get longer cleaning cycles by doing this. There is a point where you reach diminishing returns due to pleat spacing being too tight. This particular model is basically a copy of our Clean and Clear filter though, and appears to be similar in size to ours so I'd bet it would function ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.