Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Cartridge Filter, CS Series 100 150 SOLVED

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lakeland, FL

Jandy Cartridge Filter, CS Series 100 150 SOLVED

From the manual it looks like the CS100 (filter C-8410) and CS150 (filter C-8414) have the same size housing and same size filter measurements (Diameter: 8-15/16" Length: 23-5/16" and 4 inch ends). The difference is the amount of filter media. 100 sq ft vs 150 sq ft.
    My question why couldn't you put in the larger filter and be good to go?

I think this is what's on my pool. Still waiting but from the distant pictures it looks to be it. It's on a 17K gal pool with 1hp pump.

17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Jandy Cartridge Filter, CS Series 100 150

The manifold to which the cartridge attaches is probably going to be different.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy Cartridge Filter, CS Series 100 150

Its not uncommon for manufacturers to just cram more media into a cartridge.

We do it (our CNC 150 and 200 cartridges are the same size and go into the same housing).

Just be aware that you don't always get longer cleaning cycles by doing this. There is a point where you reach diminishing returns due to pleat spacing being too tight. This particular model is basically a copy of our Clean and Clear filter though, and appears to be similar in size to ours so I'd bet it would function ok.
    In-ground Filters Engineer
    Pentair Water Pool and Spa, Inc.
    1620 Hawkins Ave
    Sanford, NC 27330