True or False? Advice From A Pool Store Guy

lovemydanes

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2010
Livonia, MI
One of the pool stores we dealt with in researching our pool gave us a piece of advice that I wanted to float (pun intended) past the experienced owners at TFP. He advised us to replace the gaskets on skimmers and returns every 2-3 years. I'm keeping a notebook handy with things to remember and wondered if I should add this piece of advice as a reminder while we go about learning to become functional pool owners. Opinions?

I just heard the same thing at the pool store last weekend. They said it was because I am using bleach for the pool and it would cause the o-rings and gaskets to deteriorate quicker. :lol:

They said it was because I am using bleach for the pool and it would cause the o-rings and gaskets to deteriorate quicker.
Well, that makes sense, doesn't it?

I'm sure they would like for you to switch to 3" tablets because they don't....uhhhh, well never mind, they have the same thing in them as the bleach so that won't work.

So, let's go ahead and switch to powdered.....X!!$%&?!! Doggonit! same thing as bleach, again!!

Oh, I got it now, they want you to switch to a Salt water generator so your gaskets will be safe and sound and won't have to get eaten up by that nasty Chlor...... Holy Benoli! No matter what they want you to use, they all contain EXACTLY what's in bleach...CHLORINE!! Well, I'll be!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BBB teaches you to understand pool water chemisty, and through careful testing and knowing what to do with the results, allows you to rid yourself of pool stores that, while perhaps well intentioned, simply waste your money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.