Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie needs heater hookup advice...

1. Back To Top    #1

Eastern TN

Newbie needs heater hookup advice...

I'm considering adding a heat siphon digital pump to my system. I understand that it needs to go between filter and salt cell. Do I leave it inline always and rely on thermostat or do I need to take it out of the circuit at low flows? Is it normally plumbed with a Jandy valve or straight PVC?

How does the easy touch integrate with the heater's thermostat? Does it control the heater?
    New pool inground 28,000 gallons with spa.
    Hayward 3 HP and 1.5 HP pumps. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator. Auto water level. Polaris 9300xi

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Newbie needs heater hookup advice...

The typical install simply places the heater in-line. Any lock outs for low flow rates will be handled by the Easy Touch. You can plumb in a heater bypass, but most people don't as it doesn't usually make a huge difference and increases the complexity.

The Easy Touch is normally setup to control when the heater comes on and the heaters thermostat is disabled.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School