High TA - new to SWG

swanny

Aug 9, 2010
As the subject says I have a TA of 150.

From my reading as the swim season go's by the SWG will slowly raise the PH, at which time I add acid and will end up lowering my TA & PH. Is a high TA going to cause issues with the SWG? Everything else appears to be in-balance.

Other random questions
The pool is crystal clear during the day. At night I can see a haze with the light on.

Other than that I have the SWG set to 13% with a 24 hour run time ( Is that high? FC seems to sit around 4.5. With a T-15 cell ) I do have an autocover so the pool has been closed for the last week.

TFT-100 test kit results

PH 7.5
FC 4.5
CC 0.5
TA 150 ( Today it fluctuates between 140 & 160 for some reason )
CH 270
CYA Between 70-90
Salt ( 2900 PPM )
SWG ( 13% )

With CH close to 300 and a SWG, I'd like to see TA around 70 to avoid scaling in the SWG cell. As far as the cloudiness at night, try increasing you filter run time although this is a con when it comes to sand filters...water clarity differecnes can be seen at night with a pool light on. Adding DE to the filter may help some, but not sure :goodjob:

Since you have an autocover the CC is expected and opening it for a few hours on a sunny day will knock that out.

The haze you see in the light is just a product of having a sand filter. They don't filter as fine as a D.E. filter so with the on light you can see the tiny particles floating by.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.