Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: High TA - new to SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

High TA - new to SWG

As the subject says I have a TA of 150.

From my reading as the swim season go's by the SWG will slowly raise the PH, at which time I add acid and will end up lowering my TA & PH. Is a high TA going to cause issues with the SWG? Everything else appears to be in-balance.

Other random questions
    The pool is crystal clear during the day. At night I can see a haze with the light on.

Other than that I have the SWG set to 13% with a 24 hour run time ( Is that high? FC seems to sit around 4.5. With a T-15 cell ) I do have an autocover so the pool has been closed for the last week.

TFT-100 test kit results

PH 7.5
    FC 4.5
    CC 0.5
    TA 150 ( Today it fluctuates between 140 & 160 for some reason )
    CH 270
    CYA Between 70-90
    Salt ( 2900 PPM )
    SWG ( 13% )
    26K gal, vinyl, 1HP WhisperFlo pump, Pentair TA60 sand filter, Aquarite SWG t-15 Cell, PCC 2000 cleaner , Dolphin 4 Deluxe cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: High TA - new to SWG

With CH close to 300 and a SWG, I'd like to see TA around 70 to avoid scaling in the SWG cell. As far as the cloudiness at night, try increasing you filter run time although this is a con when it comes to sand filters...water clarity differecnes can be seen at night with a pool light on. Adding DE to the filter may help some, but not sure
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: High TA - new to SWG

Since you have an autocover the CC is expected and opening it for a few hours on a sunny day will knock that out.

The haze you see in the light is just a product of having a sand filter. They don't filter as fine as a D.E. filter so with the on light you can see the tiny particles floating by.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit