Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualogic ps8 or Intellitouch??

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualogic ps8 or Intellitouch??

Does anyone have any data comparing these two systems or opinions on which to use?

I'm in the middle of a build and really like the ability of the Intellitouch to be controlled by my iphone. I could see myself on 15 tee and turning my spa on!

I will have Pentair intellflo VF model pumps (2) 2 hp
    3/4 HP pump for cleaner
    Master temp 400 lo nox heather
    Saltwater
    420 Cartridge

Raised wall along a free form pool with 3 small (just off the 18" raised wall) moss rock water falls and an 7.5' (inside edge) spa. The pool is 36x19 and 3 to 6 sport pool gunite pool.

I would like the ability to run my landscape lighting through the system as well as spa, lights, water features, etc. Thanks for the help/opinions.
    34 x 19 salt water free form. 7.5" inside diameter raised spa. 24" raised beam in back. 3 moss rock waterfalls off raised beam and moss rock waterfall out of the spa. (2) Intelliflo VF pumps, 420 Cartridge Filter, 400 BTU Pentair low nox heater. 2.5" suction and 2" returns throughout.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqualogic ps8 or Intellitouch??

The AquaLogic can be controlled through a phone too... it just has to be done through a separate home automation system.
    25k gal Lazy-L, vinyl liner, poly walls, swimout spa, diving board, TurboTwister slide.
    Hayward 2HP 2-spd pump, Pentair 2HP spa pump, Hayward 30" 500lb sand filter.
    Goldline Pro Logic PS-8 automation/SWG. 2 LED ColorLogic 4.0. 8 Jandy deck jets. MX-8 cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

The IntelliTouch is significantly better at controlling an IntelliFlo pump. Pentair also has much better Internet integration, though it is an expensive add on. In all other ways I prefer the AquaLogic.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Excellent..thanks. I'm thinking if I can get it for a few 100 more I will do it. I've got some negotiating room with my PB as he dug my pool to be 34 and not 36 as spec'd in my contract. The raised wall in the back is going from 18 to 24 too!
    34 x 19 salt water free form. 7.5" inside diameter raised spa. 24" raised beam in back. 3 moss rock waterfalls off raised beam and moss rock waterfall out of the spa. (2) Intelliflo VF pumps, 420 Cartridge Filter, 400 BTU Pentair low nox heater. 2.5" suction and 2" returns throughout.