Conversion to SWG?

May 2, 2010
Central Indiana
Hello all. I am getting excited for the new pool season. We are opening next week. Last year we spent way more money than I am comfortable with using liquid bleach as the sanitizer. Got home late a couple days, had a couple algae blooms... Anyway, I am interested in installing a SWG this year and I was hoping to get a recommendation as to the brand and model that are best in the market at this time. I have looked through several threads, but they were all at least a couple years old. Many thanks in advance. BTW, my pool specs are in my signature. All piping is 2".

crawlejg

I am a Pentair guy, so I have to recommend the Intellichlor IC-40, or even a 60 for your size pool.
Great thing about these is, all of the electronics are in the salt cell, so down the line when you need to replace it, you are also replacing all of the boards ect.
This keeps you from buying a new cell, then having the "Aqua........" board go out, and then having to buy one of those.

There are many many choices and nearly all of them will be fine. Based on comments from many people on the forum: In the low price range CompuPool is good. At medium price range AquaRite is good. At higher price range AutoPilot Digital is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.